Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


Wow, I can't believe that Thanksgiving has already come and gone. This year has gone by so fast with many miles stones for our family. I would feel very ungrateful if I didn't take the time to recognize all the many blessings in my life. First and foremost is my wonderful family. I have been blessed with a wonderful loving husband who if he had known what he was getting into would have run the other way. Instead he loves me through my many moods and craziness! My children are such a blessing not always perfect but amazing and teach me so much! Nathan is such a caring soul, he loves to help others. But even more than that he is his father child and loves to make people laugh! (Though sometimes embarrassing to his mother, I am not the most out going type!) He is such a social butterfly!!


Emeri is a pillar of strength and determination. She has made it through so much more than any child her age should ever have to but she did it with grace and strength. She has a mind of her own and knows just what she wants and how she wants it. Not always seeing that mom knows best and I have learned to let some of my pride and stubbornness go. I know that it is important to let your children make their choices in moderation and Emeri has really chosen to express her self in how she dresses and has her hair done. This has been a very hard lesson for me as a mom to learn. But we are getting their. Just so you know if she is wearing a funky hair style or clothes that don't match it is not because I didn't put up a fight... I love you my sweet princess! :)

The gospel of Jesus Christ is such a pillar of strength for me I am not sure where I would be with out it. I am grateful for my testimony and only hope that I can continue to grow in wisdom and strength.



We have been blessed with amazing extended family and friends, we love you all and are so grateful that you are a part of our lives.


Now down to our activities. Last week was a very fun and busy week. Nathan and Emeri's last day before Thanksgiving break was on Tues. Nathan's 1st grade class had a presentation on the Blue Bonnets of Texas and then a Thanksgiving feast. His teacher Ms Bigler gave him the ending part she said because she needed a strong reader. He had brought home his part a while ago and worked very hard to memorize it. By then end he could not only recite his part from memory but also some of the other kids! He did a great job and it was so fun to watch! Then came the Thanksgiving feast. The parents were asked to bring in chicken nuggets, grapes, carrots and dip and drinks. Well knowing our Nathan I knew he wasn't going to eat any thing. So we packed his lunch and that was what he ate!

The Friday before that we had gotten a phone call from Julie English the principal at Coulson Tough where Nathan goes to school. That is never a phone call that a parent wants to get. At first I was afraid that something had happened to him. They are always good at telling you that it is not an emergency but did let us know that for personal reasons Ms Bigler was leaving. That Nathan would have a new teacher after the Thanksgiving break. It is a teacher that he knows, she was a kindergarten teacher last year and she has spent time over the last 3 weeks in his class room. The only thing is this same thing happened to Nathan last year. They decided that the Kindergarten classes were to big and so they added another one. Nathan was chosen to be put into that class. I hope that he doesn't think that this is a regular thing, although it seems to be the theme in our family. Emeri's preschool teacher also left this year to take a new job and had a new teacher come in. I have been reminded that last year turned out to be a blessing and that his teacher Ms Berkley was wonderful. I only hope and pray that this is the case this year as well. Ms Bigler, we are going to miss you so much, we understand your reasons and wish you all the luck. We look forward to seeing you during lunch and when you come to help out!


Thanksgiving dinner was quite at our house. We usually get together with friends but most every one had family in town or was out of town for the Holidays! So we decided to still have the turkey and few things that we like to eat and then drive to San Antonio to take the kids to Sea World. It was so much fun. And really it was great weather and not to bad for the crowds! The kids had a great time swimming, roasting marshmallows and enjoyed being in the hotel. After Saturday both kids were ready to go home and did great in the car. So all and all it was a great Thanksgiving! Thank you all for being a part of our lives! We love you!!

No comments: