Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving is over... Moving on to Christmas

I am usually one of those people that doesn't want to hear Christmas music or see a tree or decoration until after Thanksgiving. We usually put up our tree and lights the day after. Because we were gone we decided to do it on the Wed before Thanksgiving. It so doesn't feel like Christmas to me! I am not really in the mood and even with our lights on the house, and the tree up I just can't seem to get in the Christmas Spirit.

Brent was determined to get a new fake tree this year. As many of you know we moved a little over a year ago and our house has a higher ceiling in it than our old one. So to him that translates into a bigger tree!! We spent on night driving from Home Depot to Home Depot looking for the tree that we liked the best. Apparently we were not the only ones that thought it looked the most real because it ended up taking us the next day and the 4th store to find it.
Here Brent and the kids are getting it all set up! The kids were so excited to see the tree go up, to get out the decorations.


The kids did a great job, if you look really closely to the front of the tree there is a huge gob of decorations in one spot! I kept telling them to spread it around the front, back up and down and then Emeri told me that I could do that! Thanks sis! They really are so sweet! I will have to take another picture of them in front of the fully decorated tree!


I have to explain this shirt... My friend Julie made it for me. For those of you who have ever seen me pregnant I carry my babies all out front. I really look like I just stuck a basketball in my shirt. And I have been told that from behind you can't really tell and then I turn around and bamm... Well I was complaining to her how I just get gawked at and the "Oh my when are you due??" "Do you always carry your babies that way?" So she happened to be with me when I got such a comment and she said.. "I am going to make you a shirt so nobody has to ask!" So here it is the shirt! I wore it to my doctors appointment and to the grocery stores and got mixed reviews. But I really like it. Maybe that is why I am not ready for Christmas because it could be as early as 2 weeks later that I have a baby!

Happy decorating to you all, I hope that you are more in the Christmas spirit than I am!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

i love the shirt!

Sidney said...

Hey I think it's great! I almost made Kristin a shirt of a hand flipping you off. Poor girl! I think it would have been funny! I carry my babies the same way. And you look amazing!
I have a huge tree like that, man it is beautiful but a huge pain to put up and store! I'm thinking of ditching it and buying a real one next year! I'll miss you too! Girls night when I get back!

Kelci Stanfield said...

My poor, poor sister. I'm so sorry that you have to wear such shirts!! Haha, you look adorable and what's even better is that you have some of the worlds most gorgeous children! Call me soon so that I know you're feeling and so that we can plan my next trip to the lonestar state.