Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Honeymoon Phase

Well the honeymoon phase is over for me. I still think that Addison is a great baby, but the lack of sleep has really caught up with me. Brent has been a trooper and lets me go to bed while she has her awake time before bed and get a little extra sleep. It has been really hard for me to nap while Emeri is in preschool, I feel like there are so many errands to be run, or house to be cleaned and it is just easier when I just have her. Then the kids come home and I feel like I need to give them attention and napping with them by my self really isn't an option. So there you have it lack of sleep! Ugh, I am not a happy person when I don't feel like I get enough sleep. I know that this to shall pass. It is just a painful process!

Nathan got to be star student of the week this week. We made a fun poster for him with pictures from when he was a baby, vacations we have taken and sports he has played! He was really excited.

Emeri is still my second mother of the house. I am trying to be understanding and not loose my patients when she questions every thing I do and wants to know why I did it. She loves to pick out Addison's outfits, Pj's and bows, smothers her with kisses and hugs. I have to remember that it could be the opposite, she could really not like her and be mean! So yes, I am trying to count my blessings!

Brent ran a 1/2 marathon this weekend with his friend Nate. It was in Austin so I had all 3 kids to myself overnight for the first time. Lets just say that didn't help the no sleep issue. Emeri was up and wanted to be in our bed which then Addison kept waking her up. Yup a vicious cycle! But he did good, I can't imagine running any miles and he didn't really train and ran 13 + miles! They were supposed to do the full marathon but his friends knee was bothering him, so they decided to do the 1/2 instead.

Other than that we are doing good, trying to stay healthy although every one I talk to is sick!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurray-one month old... only two more to go! I always brace myself for the first three months. For some reason it helps me to not expect to get any sleep.:) Hang in there!